Great Western Audience Alliance (GWAA) launches Virtual Conference Series
May 28, 2020, Venice, CA -- Pivoting from the unforeseen cancellation of its annual Las Vegas Audience Development Summit in June, Great Western Audience Alliance (GWAA) is pleased to announce the launch of its Virtual Conference Series starting June 18th.
The Virtual Conference series provides 9 hours of relevant programming for Audience executives. Panelists illuminate challenges, solutions, and best practices in print strategy, digital growth, consumer revenue, customer/reader experience and all aspects of audience engagement and retention. See https://greatwesternaa.org/virtual-conferences/.
This series is scheduled every other month, from June 2020 to April 2021; it is free to members and offered at a nominal cost to non-members. The Virtual Conference Series delivers ideas and interaction with industry innovators and valued business partners. The agenda includes:
- June 18th - Transitioning Audience from Print to Digital: Strategic decisions about print reduction in planning a digital future, with panelists Walter Hussman, CEO of WEHCO Media and Publisher of the Arkansas Democrat; Conan Gallaty, EVP and Chief Digital Officer of the Tampa Bay Times, and Dan Schaub, Corporate Director of Audience Development at McClatchy Company.
- August 13th - The Membership Economy: how to drive the “Forever Transaction” in subscriber retention, strategies to optimize the COVID bump, and best practices from successful subscription non-newspaper companies, with author and speaker Robbie Kellman Baxter.
- October 15th – Global lessons for growing reader revenue from Facebook’s Local News Accelerator: digital partnerships to accelerate audience growth, with David Grant, Program Manager of the Facebook Journalism Project, and Rebecca Rosenblatt, Strategic Partner Manager at Facebook.
- December 10th – A look ahead at 2021’s hot topics.
- 2021: Consumer revenue solutions on February 18, 2021 and Technology on April 15, 2021.
GWAA also hosts informal, participation-oriented Roundtables on Acquisition and Retention and on Distribution and Operations topics. Find out more at https://greatwesternaa.org/roundtables/.
GWAA President and McClatchy Director of Audience Budgeting Jim Wall stated, “The launch of this virtual conference series allows GWAA to continue with our mission to Connect. Learn. Drive Change. For all of our members, the last few months have caused us to think differently about how we engage with our audience. We are excited to bring you, via this series, innovative approaches from forward-thinking leaders, that can drive the strategies and tactics to build your audience.”
Troy Niday, GWAA Executive Advisor & Past President, and Chief Operating Officer of Sonoma Media Investments, said, “The pace of change in our industry is accelerating which makes it more important than ever to stay up-to-date on what others are doing to address the challenges in front of us. The GWAA virtual conferences is another example of the organization’s commitment to provide a forum for industry professionals to share ideas that are aimed at maximizing and managing the ongoing transition from print to digital. We are confident that the small investment in time and money to attend will benefit those involved.”
Watch for details about upcoming events and offerings.
The initial meeting of this organization of newspaper circulators was held in September of 1919. It was called California Circulation Managers Association. In 1971, the organization was renamed Cal Western Circulation Managers' Association (CWCMA). In January of 1921, the organization named Pacific Northwest International Circulation Management Association (PNICMA.) was born. In the years that followed, the name of the organization changed to Northwest International Circulation Executives (NICE). On June 20, 2019, the boards of both CWCMA and NICE approved unanimously to merge their media companies' members in 11 western states and 4 Canadian provinces to form the Great Western Audience Alliance (GWAA).
For more information, please contact Carole Stein, Executive Director, Great Western Audience Alliance at email@example.com or 310-985-5990.
June 23-25, 2021
The Great Western Audience Development Summit provides each attendee with the opportunity to meet and exchange information with others in the industry, from newspaper organizations to business partners and expert guest speakers.
BECOME A MEMBER
Your membership goes to support GWAA, a nonprofit organization committed to continuing education and sharing of ideas. Members get preferred rates at all GWAA sponsored events, the opportunity to network, learn revenue-generating strategies, and stay in the forefront of ongoing digital engagement. The GWAA Executive Board of Directors and Board Members look forward to your participation and support in advancing our audience development program.
Connect. Learn. Drive Change.